img

On Tuesday, Pakistan violated the ceasefire agreement and opened fire on Indian Army posts in the Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district, Jammu and Kashmir. The Indian Army responded effectively and immediately, inflicting heavy losses on Pakistani forces.

The incident follows a recent spike in terrorist activity in the region, adding to tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border.

Mine Blast Triggered the Exchange

According to Indian Army sources, the incident began with a mine blast, which was the result of Pakistani troop infiltration across the LoC. Following this, Pakistani forces initiated unprovoked firing, in clear violation of the ceasefire.

“Our soldiers responded strongly and effectively. The situation is now under control and is being closely monitored,” an Indian Army spokesperson said.

The Army reaffirmed its commitment to the 2021 DGSMO Agreement, which emphasizes peace and stability along the LoC.

Indian Army on High Alert

Following the ceasefire breach, the Indian Army has been placed on high alert across the sector. Troops have been instructed to remain fully prepared for any further provocations or attempts at infiltration.

Senior officers are actively monitoring the situation and ensuring quick response capabilities are in place.

A Pattern of Provocation by Pakistan

The Krishna Ghati sector has witnessed multiple ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the past. Despite international norms, such incidents continue.

Earlier in February 2025, Pakistan had similarly initiated unprovoked firing along the LoC, to which the Indian Army gave a strong counter-response, reportedly causing significant casualties on the Pakistani side.

“Pakistan’s repeated violations only destabilize the region. The Indian Army has always responded with strength and resolve,” said an official source.