
New Delhi: AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal accused the BJP of trying to steal his party’s candidates’ before February 8, when the results of the Delhi Assembly polls are declared. The BJP denied the accusation and said that they plan to sue him.
Kejriwal further claimed in his post on X that, “16 AAM AADMI PARTY (AAP) candidates were approached by BJP who promised them Rs 15 crore and ministerial posts if they switch sides.”
“Some agencies show the abusive party (BJP) getting more than 55 seats. In the last two hours 16 of our candidates have received calls that if they leave the AAP and join their party, they will be made ministers and given Rs 15 crore each,” he said on the microblogging site in Hindi.
“If they are indeed winning more than 55 seats, then what is the reason behind them calling our candidates? These fake surveys are created to ranging an environment to break the AAP candidates. But not a single one of them will switch sides,” he said. He also said that none of the AAP candidates would abandon the party.
Alongside AAP candidate from Sultanpur Majra, Delhi minister Mukesh Ahlawat also said that he consider receiving such offers.
“I can be torn into pieces, or die but one thing is for sure: I will never abandon Arvind Kejriwal,” Ahlawat wrote on X. “I was informed that there is a government formation in progress, and they would make me a minister and give me 15 crores if I switch from the AAP to their side. But the respect Kejriwal and the AAP have showered upon me, I will never leave my party till I breathe my last," he added.
REMOVING AAP TWEET
Before this, AAP leader Sanjay Singh put forward these claims in a press conference alleging that some party MLAs were contacted by BJP or some prominent leaders in order to bribe.
“This very well confirms that BJP has accepted loss even before the declaration of results and is indulging in such activities,” the Rajya Sabha MP expressed.
Delhi BJP chief Virendra Sachdeva dismissed the claims, arguing that they reflect the signs of the Delhi BJP's electoral "frustration."
Sachdeva has further claimed that, “Sanjay Singh either needs to take back what he said and apologize, or he will have to face legal consequences. Singh should also bear in mind that his party leader, (former) Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, is already undergoing a defamation case for similar frivolous accusations. Singh, however, asserted that AAP has guided its candidates to set such call recording and use spy cameras to tape any face to face interaction regarding their attempts at poaching.”
Atishi, the Chief Minister, as well as an AAP candidate from Kalkaji also added her voice to the debate. In a post on X, she wrote, “If the abusive party is getting more than 50 seats, why are they trying to poach our candidates by reaching out to them?”
Singh Hoarders Atishi previously cited this as a sited narrative to fight much direct allegations of the false exit polling which predict a BJP sweep in Delhi. It is a “conspiracy” directed toward demoralizing AAP candidates.
The set days for polls on all the 70 Assembly seats of Delhi was the Wednesday that has just passed, while the votes are to be counted on Saturday. Will the AAP come close to or cross a third consecutive term? Or will the BJP’s 27 years of waiting to rule the capital end?